Seasonal Help Wanted
Coos Canyon Campground & Cabins is looking for working campers, preferably a couple, to join our team. We are a small, family run campground nestled in the beautiful River Valley area of the Lakes and Mountains region in Byron, Maine. For the avid outdoors person, there is an abundance to do with your free time (hiking trails, rivers, lakes, quaint towns, fishing, hunting, etc.).
We have 2 positions to fill . . .
This position will help in overseeing and maintaining the campground and cabins as a whole. It offers a variety of day to day tasks and utilizes multiple different skill sets. It is essential that employees have excellent customer service, communication and problem solving skills. They will be in direct contact with our guests and are a key factor in our camper’s overall experience with us. These employees must be able to create a cohesive working relationship with the other seasonal working camper couple.
This position will be supervised by, and may work directly with, the campground owners.
Employees may remain onsite at the campground 24 hours a day during their shift. This position offers approximately 18 to 30 hours of work per person per week, with a rotating schedule of 3 days on and 3 days off. Available hours will depend on the weather and occupancy of the campsites/cabins on any given day and a minimum amount of hours cannot be guaranteed. This seasonal position runs from July 16 – October 13, 2019.
- This position is part-time seasonal work and is not eligible for benefits.
- Working camper may receive a comped site as part of their package for their own RV with a 30 amp electric and water connection valued at $350.00 per month.
- An hourly rate will be paid for actual hours worked each week as documented on employee’s time sheet. No overtime will be paid and there will be a maximum of 30 hours per person per week to be approved by supervisor.
This position requires exposure to both inside and outside conditions and noise. When working outside, employees must be prepared to work in hot, cold, wet, humid or windy conditions and be dressed appropriately according to our policy.
This position requires light to medium work, and may include but is not limited to any of the following: sitting, walking, climbing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, crouching, feeling, standing, reaching, hearing, talking, listening, pushing, balancing, lifting, grasping, carrying and repetitive motion is also required on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet arriving guests, assist with check-in and check-out, and escort guests to their site.
- Enforce campground rules and regulations.
- Resolve conflicts among campers and report any problems to management immediately anytime a guest is not 100% satisfied.
- Collect and post payments for reservations or purchases at campground store.
- Make reservations via phone or in person and enter into reservation system (ResNexus).
- General administrative duties such as answering phones, typing, copying, faxing and filing.
- Monitor campground loop and handle any questions or concerns from guests.
- Receive orders from vendors such as ice and firewood.
- Complete and maintain campground records, reports and files.
- Keep a written report of complaints and criticism of campground facilities, report situations that could affect the health and safety of campers, and report any maintenance items which need immediate attention.
- Make sure that the campground facilities and equipment are properly maintained and are used appropriately.
- Campground maintenance and cleaning of cabins, restrooms, outhouses and showers, raking sites, cleaning out fire rings, emptying trash, as well as, general facility and grounds maintenance including picking up litter, sweeping, dusting, window washing, etc. Report any damage to the owners.
- Campground after hours host responsibilities include monitoring guests, checking in late arrivals, enforcing quiet hours, etc.
- May assist in campground special events/activities and/or distribute information to guests.
- Must set an example by being a model camper practicing good housekeeping at all times in and around their assigned site and by observing all rules and regulations and act in a professional manner.
- Positive attitude toward the outdoors and campground environment with a genuine concern for the guest’s camping experience.
- Ability to get along well with people and remain calm and friendly when confronted with upset guests.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work unsupervised, take initiative to do things that need to be done without having to be told.
- Able to follow direction and work in a team environment.
- Strong communication, customer service and excellent telephone skills.
- Administrative experience with intermediate computer proficiency in email, internet and social media with the ability to pick up computer software systems quickly.
- Professional Appearance.
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions.
- High School Diploma for the seasonal site compensation package.
- Experience in recreation industry, resort office or hotel front desk preferred.
This job description does not encompass every task and responsibility that is required of this position. It contains the most prominent duties performed by an individual on a daily basis; however other tasks will be added as necessary and employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.